Rob and Anne Marie win on the day!!
Please find above the results of the RAHRC Open Hobie 16 Championship 2016 sailed (and not sailed) on 26th and 27th August, 2016. It was a great view to see so many hobies with their brand new coloured sails (thanks Dave!). More pictures will be added via Facebook (RAH Boat Club - Sailing Section PDO) A big thanks to Stephen Martin as OOD and for doing the results.
Unfortunately we couldn't sail the full programme. We had to abandon Friday's last race and couldn’t sail at all on Saturday. However, the sailing on Friday still had a bit of everything with a short summary below :
- No protest for the committee onshore !
- good tactics
- quick tack after the start, going towards sharkies point where there was more wind
- gybe after windward mark, going after the same good wind
- good layline call overtaking others on the inside towards the windward mark
- bad tactics
- port start going wrong
- luffing head to wind at the start
- start missed the start due to bad timing
- missed layline and tacking back to port at the mark when other boats are approaching (on starboard)
- forced tack at and into the windward mark coming in on port
- one boat clearly OCS (see picture) on Saturday
Fortunately everybody returned safe onshore and no boats were damaged.
We decided to hand out the prizes through a lottery to the lucky winners!!
Thanks for your participation and I hope to see you again for a next event.
( A BIG THANK YOU to Rob for organizing what everyone said was a very enjoyable event, to the maintenance team and members for helping to get the boats in order for the event and also to Karienke and Chiara for setting up Facebook, taking pictures and promoting this website. )
THERE IS NO SAILING CLUB WITHOUT VOLUNTEERS TO HELP AND SAILORS TO SAIL!